Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem using animated GIF

K1200

This topic is 5477 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I read with great interest the recent posts on embedding an animated GIF and displaying it with Web Viewer. Link

It seems to be an ideal solution for displaying popup-style messages during longer operations. But when I constructed a simple message box, I encountered a problem as shown in the attached image.

Does anyone know what is generating the large white rectangle? I'm using the latest IE8.0.6, but have I overlooked some Web Viewer default setting?

Thanks in advance for any help.

PopupTry.PNG

PopupTry.fp7.ZIP

Thanks. That's a feature I seldom use in my application so I forgot to look at it.

Would you happen to know of a utility to translate a GIF to Base64? To achieve the end result I'm looking for will require a GIF with a transparent background. From what I read (and could understand), the Wiki material seems to assume the Base64 representation already exits.

Would you happen to know of a utility to translate a GIF to Base64?

I am sure you'll find some if you search the web for "base64 encode" (i am on a Mac, so I don't know any Windows tools myself).

To achieve the end result I'm looking for will require a GIF with a transparent background.

I am not sure that will work in Filemaker. The image may have a transparent background - but I don't know how you can make the web viewer to have one, too.

Yes, I did find a site that can convert a submitted file to Base64. Although I would prefer a standalone utility, I only have a couple of images to convert.

That's a good point about the web viewer. My fallback is to color match with the layout's background to create the same effect. The borderless viewer makes it all possible, of course.

Thanks for your help.

This topic is 5477 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.