Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP Server & Passwords

This topic is 8621 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Running FMP Server on NT. In folder are 16 files with one Main file. One of the sixteen must have the ability to delete records. In the Main file these records appear in a portal. With FMP 5 (single user, no server), my solution works, I can delete the records. This one file has the same password as all the others, but that password allows this one file deletion privleges.

When running on the server and trying to delete a record in the portal, I get an error message saying that my PW will not allow deletion. I am on a TCP/IP network. Under "Sharing" in "File" menu I am told that the file is running as a guest of NT. What is going on and how can I allow deletion of records in this file?

------------------

• 2 weeks later...

If the setup you have described is accurate, you should be allowed to delete an portal row. I would recheck all the setups. As a last resort, you could use a script to "go to related record" and run a script in the second file to delete the record.

OBTW, have you tried to delete a record in the second file (not using a delete portal row)? If so, what was the result?

-bd

This topic is 8621 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.