FileMaker Pro Type Library Path for Active X automation

This topic is 5435 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am using some script debugger tools to help write vbscript code to talk to FileMaker. I want to use the intellisense like features to help with coding the FileMaker methods and properties.

The 3 script programs I have tried so far are:

1. Microsoft Script Debugger

2. PrimalScript

3. Admin Script Editor

These programs need help finding the type library for FileMaker Pro. They need the path to the FileMaker Pro type library and I am not sure what it is?

Would someone be so kind and friendly as to let me know the exact path to the FMPro70Lib?

VBA in office seems to find it just fine and seems to work with the intellisense to display FileMaker's properties after you type the object and hit period it drops down the list of FileMaker's methods.

I know these vb scripting programs can do it to since they do it on other programs but on FileMaker I get the error "No type information found". When I talked with PrimalScript's technical support, they said to contact FileMaker to find out the path to the type libraries and manually assign them, but I can't find the .tl files for FileMaker so I assume they are in some .dll's or something.

I am using Windows XP Professional SP3.

Thanks in advance!

Shawn

You need to point it at the filemaker exe file. But I've had limited success with any VBscript editor (and I've tried the ones that you mention). Intellisense works for some objects but not for others.

Thanks Wim,

When you say that it works for some objects and not for others, do you mean that it works for internet explorer but not filemaker or do you mean it works for some FileMaker objects and not other FileMaker objects?

If some, did you ever get any to work with PrimalScript nd if so can you give me any hints on what you had to do?

Thanks!

Shawn

For some FM objects only (like the top level FMapp one, but not for document methods and properties).

Never got it to work in PrimalScript or any other VBSeditor unfortunately but I have to say I didn't spend a long time trying it.

Thanks for responding. It seems to work fine for me from Outlook VBA. The properties and methods seem to work with the intellisense but I can't get it to work with any vbs editor which seems strange to me why it works with vba editors but not vbs editors.

Good News,

PrimalScript tech support just downloaded an evaluation copy of FileMaker and did some troubleshooting on this issue.

They discovered that filemaker does not properly register a type library

for all their progids. It only registers it for FMPRO70.FMPRO70

You can manually associate a type library with a progid in PrimalScript going into Tools->Options->Text Editor->Type Libraries.

Click New to create New ProgID and enter the ProgID field as FMPro.Application and the type library path should be the path to your FileMaker executable like this "C:Program FilesFileMakerFileMaker Pro 10 AdvancedFileMaker Pro Advanced.exe"

After saving your changes, this results in PrimalSense picking up this information as it would if the type library would be correctly installed and registered in the

first place.

This topic is 5435 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.