Server Maintenance This Week. ×

(newbie) How to publish a registration form online?

This topic is 5455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

First post. I don't use FM personally but my wife does so I'm asking this question for her. She's building a database and registration form for an event I am hosting.

Assuming she knows how to create the database and layout how would she go about creating it in a form that can be added to my event website so participants can click on it and register, entering their information. Obviously, not all the participants would have FM! I just want them to be able to click and enter info that I can access at a later date in some useable form.

Check out http://ringettedestination.com/tinc?key=oXatFH5s&formname=IndividualFull

and

http://ringettedestination.com/tinc?key=oXatFH5s&formname=TeamFull

for VERY clunky versions of what I'm looking for...

Thanks!

Hi there

Using IWP you can 'publish' a simple form that can be filled in over the web, but you will need to ensure that the database itself can be accessed from the internet.

in a form that can be added to my event website
this is probably best accomplished (if using IWP anyway) by a redirect to the url of the database once it is made accessible.

Another option is to use an existing online survey service and simply import the results into the Filemaker database.

This probably doesn't answer all your questions, but I hope it will get you thinking in the right direction....

This topic is 5455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.