Installing PHP5(latest version) and Apache2(latest version) 10.4.11 server

This topic is 5419 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

We have broken down and finally are required to get pci compliant with out computer systems. One of the requirements is to have the latest version of Apache and latest version of php installed. I am currently on 10.4.11 Tiger Server and have no idea how to accomplish this. I have searched everywhere but can not find a solution to help me configure it properly. This machine is our main server including VPN, web server, and filemaker web server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Josh

Bear in mind that a version of FileMaker Server running on OS 10.4.11 may not be compatible with the latest PHP version or the latest Apache version. Check the technical specifications for the particular version of FileMaker Server, the type chip (Power PC or Intel), and the OS.

Steven

Hi Steven,

I realize that with Filemaker Server, as I will probably have to install my FM Server on another machine. But this being my main machine for VPN, DNS etc.. I must install the latest versions to be PCI Compliant. So, I must update them to the latest versions. Any help would be appreciated.

You are probably going to have to upgrade to OS X Server 10.5 because FileMaker Server running on 10.4.11 may not work with the latest versions of Apache or PHP. Another alternative would be to switch to a Windows OS server.

Steven

Hi Steven,

But this being my main machine for VPN, DNS etc.. I must install the latest versions to be PCI Compliant.

Not quite sure how busy your environment is but having the FMS machine double as VPN and DNS server is usually not a good idea. Also from a security point of view since the vpn server is directly accessible from the outside and could be a point of attack...

Please remember that the requirements and recommendations for Tiger Server are different than those for Leopard Server. The thefmkb.com/6428 Tech Info may give added information.

It may be, as John notes, that the latest versions of Apache and PHP will work with the older OS. But they may not. An upgrade to Leopard Server may be needed.

Steven

This topic is 5419 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.