Converting FP3 to FP5

This topic is 8558 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Can someone tell me if there is a utility out there that converts filemaker 3 to filemaker 5.0 without having to go to every file and converting?......This is a pain to go to each and every file and convert and save........newbie with filemaker so sorry if this is an easy issue......unfortunately there will be many questions that some will think are not good sorry about that

Mike

There is no current solution for automatically updating a group of files without user intervention. I have recommended trying something like QuicKeys to solve this if there are a great many files.

Chuck

quote:

Originally posted by Chuck:

There is no current solution for automatically updating a group of files without user intervention. I have recommended trying something like QuicKeys to solve this if there are a great many files.

Or try using AppleScript/WinBatch.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Can AppleScript do this? WinBatch seems similar to QuicKeys, right, but AppleScript uses the program's dictionary, and I don't think that this is part of the dictionary. Perhaps with a scripting addition like PreFab Player?

Chuck

The reason that FMP won't automate the conversion of databases is that the change is irreversible, and too often people convert their only copy and don't have any backups made.

You could try to drag-and-drop the files onto the FMP5 program icon to batch process them, but it will still need your input to confirm the conversions.

This topic is 8558 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.