Filemaker server help

This topic is 8541 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am new to the filemaker server thing......I have currently running a c drive with 500mb where server lives and a strip set with parity where all the filemaker files live.....I dont know how to set filemaker server up becuase it says to put server in with the files....meaning the filemaker folder with the files......It also says now filesharing but how does one get to the files that filemaker is hosting.......I am sorry if this is easy but I havent a clue.....could someone please help......

thanks

Mike

Install FileMaker into your Partion(sounds like you did that already). In the top level of the FileMaker Server Program folder ceate a new folder and call it "Database Files". Now move all the fikes you want to serve into that folder. FileMaker automatically serve files stored inside it's folder. If it does not open them automatically when starting FM Server then inside FileMaker server choose the File->Open Command and select the files you wish to serve.

Concerns...

If you are using DHCP on your network it might be a problem if the server is rebooted regularly because the servers IP might change. For best results set up the PC using a "static" IP address.

Once you have established the IP of the server you can go to a client station and choose the File->Open Command and choose "Host" then choose the "Specify Host" and enter the IP of your FMP server. A few seconds later you should have a list of served files, choose one and click OK or Open.

Reply with problems

G

• Newbies

We have had this problem too. We have put all the database files in the Server directory (they are all filemaker pro 5 and multi-user) but Server doesn't seem to open them on launching. I can't even see them via remote administration - when I click 'open files' none are listed.

All suggestions gratefully received! Server is on a windows 2000 machine, and remote administrator on a mac.

This topic is 8541 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.