Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM9 crashes when printing

mleiser

This topic is 5400 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

HELP. We're going crazy here. Whenever we try printing from FM9 to a printer the application crashes. This does not happen with any other application. Any one see this? Any solutions? I can't jump out the window because, one, there are gates on them, and two, I'm on the first floor! Please help!

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Hello Mike,

I've just been through this problem and I have discovered that FM9 doesn't like some of our printers.

-Firstly get the FM9.0V3 update if you don't already.Next you need other printers to test with, but I have found that all our Lexmark lasers work fine so if you have one go for it.

-Close FM, then head to the registry and delete the value called "Printer" @:

current userSoftwareFileMakerFileMaker Pro9.0Preferences

-Install your new printer to test (try a lexmark laser if you can) and set it as the Default printer.

-Open Filemaker 9 and test sending a page to your newly install default printer.

For me this stopped FM9 crashing, however other printer brands like HP and Canon still have issues? So I'm here posting for help?

What I now have happening is, some HP printers spit out 1 page with a PCL error while other will print the page followed by another blank page. So I'm wondering, could this be caused by the job being to large and so the printer has to re-size it. Then it's down to the individual printer to deal with this the best it can and some just can't?

This topic is 5400 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.