Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Lock a Table

This topic is 5440 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

Is there any way in FM 9.0 to lock a table from deletion. We have a "Customer" table that is getting records deleted. We do not have any script to delete any records from this table but it is still getting deleted.

I was wondering if there is any way I can lock this table so the records do not get deleted at all. This I assume will be at the FM Security level.

Thanx

File -> Manage -> Accounts and privileges.

Create a new privilege set and assign all users to it except for yourself.

In the 'edit privilege set' window, choose records and change it to 'custom privileges'. In there you can pick particular tables and prevent deletions.

If users are deleting records accidentally, using CTRL-E, I would suggest using FM9 advanced to create a custom menu set with the delete command removed.

Hope that helps.

Good suggestion. Leaving the deletion privilege disabled also disables the menu command.

Is it possible that these records are being deleted as part of a cascade from another table? Such options are defined in the Relationships Graph.

If a user's privileges do not include deleting records, users can still be allowed to delete records using scripts set to run with full access under whatever conditions the developer chooses.

HTH

Steven

This topic is 5440 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.