Locked or Closed FM DB

This topic is 5408 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just had a prospective client, an attorney, contact me who forwarded a locked DB that another contractor created for him.

The attorney related that when he ordered the DB that it should not locked since it has been his experience over 20 years that tweaks and adjustments will be necessary, some of which he could or would like to do -- the later, not so unusual.

The attorney and the developer are at odds and I can see both sides but the attorney has his opinion and I can not advise him .... ha hah:)

I have never used the Advanced version of FM since I have yet to really need it and don't sell my work protected -- the missing edit layouts, seeing relationships, etc. are missing and there is no place to enter a password.

Can this database be restored to a normal FM Pro level and if so how?

Can this database be restored to a normal FM Pro level and if so how?

Depends on what has actually been done to it. The phrase "locked" doesn't have a very precise meaning.

[color:red]However, you should tread very carefully here. The intellectual property of the database probably belongs to the original developer, and not to the attorney. Do yourself a favor, and stay out of this,

Steven

This topic is 5408 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.