ODBC and Instant Web Publishing

This topic is 5432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone,

This is probably a well known limitation but I can't find reference to it (my google skills are not up to snuff it appears..).

Problem: I have an external mysql datasource connected. It uses the mysql ODBC drivers. Within the FMP app everything is A-OK. I see my records, can find, search, edit etc on the live data.

When I go to Instant Web Publishing however my External Datasources and their related layouts DO show up but they have NO records associated with them. Any locally hosted FMP database shows the records.

Any ideas? Is this just not a feature of FMP9? Does FMP10 provide this (I would love a reason to upgrade..).

Thanks

John-

On my PC, it works fine. I can see my ESS records fine.

uses the mysql ODBC drivers
I can't test it on a Mac, right now, but what driver are you using??? I haven't heard too many Mac users that have gotten MySQL's drivers to work. They needed to get the Actual Technologies OpenSource drivers (USD $30).

• Newbies

Switching back to the Actual drivers seemed to fix the problem although I have absolutely no idea why this should matter (the mysql drivers work fine in the FMP app and the web publishing uses the FMP backend).

Regardless, it matters :D Thanks for the tip!

John-

This topic is 5432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.