Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtime Solution Vista Issue

This topic is 5394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created a runtime solution which uses the e mail plugin. This runs with no problems in Mac OSX and in Windows XP but when I try it in Vista I get a message telling me it can not open the programme. If I delete the plugin from the extensions file (and recycle bin) the database opens fine. I am trailing this with the trial version of the plug in. Does anyone know if this problem occurs in the full version. I do not want to buy this for my client if they can not make it run on their Vista PC's.

Does anyone know a solution?

Many thanks

John

Do the plugin developers say that it (a) supports Vista (:D supports runtimes? If not then you may not get very far with this one.

To be honest it sounds like Vista being generally rubbish as usual. Vista being Vista, I'd suggest checking the file permissions of the plugin because it might simply be that it is refusing to let the runtime access it.

Hope that helps

James

Thanks James, thats a good idea I will check permissions. The developers do say it supports Run Time but it is not specific to the version of Windows but they have released an update in June this year so I assume that they support Vista.

Interestingly it works fine on Vista on a full version of filemaker, it is only the RunTime version that has issues.

Every time I use Windows, it makes me so happy I moved to Mac.

Thanks again James for you help, I will let you know how it goes.

John

• 2 weeks later...

I now know what the problem is. The developers of the plug in tell me there is an issue with using this plug in on Windows Vista when the language of the OS is not English. They are working on it!

This topic is 5394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.