Server Maintenance This Week. ×

File won't convert

EllenG

This topic is 5386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not sure where to post this, so hope this is the right place.

I am converting my solution from FMP6 to FM10. For some reason, this one file will not convert. Can't figure out what it doesn't like about this file? It is a Reports file and has most of my report formats for the application, so it would be a major loss if I have to re-create all these formats.

If anyone can tell me why this will not convert, would appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Reports.fp5.zip

When I tried to convert the file using FMPA 9.0v3 Mac it crashed. Is that what you mean by "file will not convert"?

I'd say that the file has some corruption.

Open the file in FMP 6 and save a compressed copy. If it does not open, recover the file. Then try converting the compressed/recovered file.

Pretty much what Vaughn said. Your file seems corrupt. I would export the data out, try saving a copy as a clone, and recover that clone copy. Then try to convert it. If successful, you can import your data into the converted file.

The file runs fine in FMP6. I tried to save as compressed, save as clone and recover. I do not have data that needs to be saved; it is all the report formats that I need. If I cannot convert this file, I will have to manually re-create over 50 report formats.

I tried everything, but this file will not convert!!

This topic is 5386 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.