upgrading from version 3.0

This topic is 8284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I am a very new user of FMP. I have a handful of users using FMP server 3.0 hosting a lot of databases. I want to upgrade the server version, and then move towards allowing web access for my users. I am trying to find some information on uprgrading my server, and then the databases. If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated!!!

Thank you!

The upgrade would be to FM Server 5.5 and FileMaker Pro 5.5 (client). These will not interoperate with FM 3.0 clients. Also, FM 3.0 client did not check for valid licenses over the network, FM 5.5 does. You will need a valid license for each client. The best thing to do is look at www.filemaker.com and give them a call for you cost options.

-bd

The upgrade would be to FM Server 5.5 and FileMaker Pro 5.5 (client). These will not interoperate with FM 3.0 clients. Also, FM 3.0 client did not check for valid licenses over the network, FM 5.5 does. You will need a valid license for each client. The best thing to do is look at www.filemaker.com and give them a call for you cost options.

-bd

This topic is 8284 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.