Server and client on the same machine

MacDigger

This topic is 8277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I need to run FMP client and server on the same computer - to host files using FM Server and access them using FM Client (this is for testing purposes, to test functionality before deploying everything on a LAN).

The problem is that FM client doesn't see files hosted on FM Server. At all.. I tried Local host, and Specified host (was using 127.0.0.1). No success. Honestly, I'm a bit puzzled, because I never had such problems on LANs..

Any help or advices are greatly appreciated!

I use FM Client and Server 5.5 for Mac OS X.

Thanks,

Mike

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: MacDigger ]

Why? The only way to test something is under actual conditions, or conditions that simulate actual conditions. The end-users will be using it o two separate machines, why not develop it that way.

I'd suggest that for development neither machine needs to be particularly powerful (just about any old Pentium lying around will probably do).

Thanks for all the replies!

Looks like I don' t have much choice smile.gif" border="0

I was trying to do most of the testing at home (where I only have 1 machine). And localhost testing looked fine for me. At least I was doing the same with many web-sites I have programmed for.

But now at least I know that what I wanted to do it impossible, and this knowledge saved me lots of time and nerves smile.gif" border="0

Thanks all!

This topic is 8277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.