Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multi-user access via IWP

This topic is 4965 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, newbie here.

I am making a small customer relationship program (CRM) whch will be accessible by two or three salespeople via Instant Web Publishing. Everything is going great so far--I can relate different tasks/meetings etc to the appropriate salespeople, as well as to management.

However, what do I need to put in the file opening script so that Mary only sees her tasks when she logs on, and Joe only sees his tasks? At the moment, everyone's tasks come up, company wide.

(I don't think this is record level access--or is it?). Sorry if you're having to repeat same old stuff

No, this is not correct.

The Account Name should be entered into a field automatically when the record is created. The field definition options provide for this.

Make that field non-modifiable in the Manage Accounts & Privileges area to reduce tampering possibilities.

Then, in the same area, set records to be able to be viewed when the value in the auto-entered field matches the current active Account.

Steven

• 1 year later...

Great tips and info. This has been a lot of fun getting to know this part of Filemaker.

Now to automate the script that only shows the records created by the record creator.

I have the script but haven't figured out how to get it to be automatic when they log in.

More fun to discover. Thanks to all of you for your help by posting to these other folks.

Mark Jones

Ok. I tried the script triggers but I don't think they will work on IWP windows.

File options run script only works on first time file is opened so that won't work for me as the file is already open when available on the web.

Any ideas? The script button I have works great. What I don't like to see is the no NO ACCESS records until they push the button to find the records they created.

Mark Jones

Any ideas on upon entering the IWP after Account Name and Password to run a script that only finds the records that they created?

I have the script but can't seem to grasp how to trigger it without user clicking on the button.

Mark Jones

This topic is 4965 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.