Double Server Trouble

This topic is 8257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, Is it possible to run two filemaker server 5's on the same NT network without any conflicts.

I need to have two servers containing the same databases (same database names) on each one. (Before you ask why?) I have two ordering systems, one in $NZ and the other in $OZ. Currently I am running server 3 for OZ and Server 5 for NZ and i want to upgrade server 3 to 5. =)

Running the same names is the only forseeable problem. You need to be very careful to make sure that you explicitly specify the IP address of each server for each set of files.

I have several installations where we had upwards of 5 Filemaker servers all running on the same subnet. Of course we had unique names on all the databases.

Something that you could consider is to use the Developer Tool to rename the files and append the "OZ" and "NZ" to the beginning of each filename, thus insuring that you have unique names for each file.

Thanks. On that note, does the fm developer tool change all the scripts, relationships and field definitions when you rename a file?

I manually changed a file name previously and all my other files could not find it, getting errors in the scripts etc like <unknown file> :

This topic is 8257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.