Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sliding....

Hijack

This topic is 5370 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

It seems that if an empty field slides into oblivion due to having no content, *some* space is still maintained on the layout where that field would relatively be.

Meaning, if I have a basic layout with dozens of text fields that each span the entire page left to right, if say 10 contiguous fields are empty and slide up into disappearance then they will create a large gap in the final print/pdf output. This may cause an empty page at the end of the print/pdf output if the empty fields were at the end of the layout.

Is this status quo as far as anyone is aware or is there some magic trick to really wacking empty space caused by sliding fields?

Thanks for the reply, Vaugnan.

I have checked everything. My spidey-sense tells me it ought to work but something is holding up the slide in some way.

This is a game management system for a role playing game called "Call of Cthulhu" I've been working on so the topic is a little squirelly but you're welcome to see it in action and see if you can point out where I am making a mistake. Download the database here:

GameSystem2009.zip

To see the problem, on the main menu, select:

NPC Links --> Print

A new preview window will open and you can left and right arrow through the preview (preview navigation thanks to 'Old Advance Man's' tip here on FMForums). You'll see that on the 2nd page of each record preview, it appears empty but it's still present. If it's empty, why isn't it sliding out of the output?

The database is wide open so you can hop into layout mode and see the content that would follow if there was anything to display.

Thanks for the advice.

This topic is 5370 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.