FM Cannot host a file... (this should be easy for those who know)

DCVAN

This topic is 8228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using NT 4.0 network server, while making a basic change to a shared database file and updating approx. 2000 records, network communication for this file only ceased, now when opening, or trying to open the file I get the following...

"Filemaker cannot host a file because of a network error, files marked as multi user will not be available over teh network"

The file in question is one of 20+ that are still available, and I can copy/view/manipulate the file in question seperately - any insight would be great, thank you.

Thank you for the advice, a recovery done on a workstation (as opposed to the server for some reason)fixed the file.

Now if I can only determine how to define a field to calculate as desired, all my problems are solved. I want to increase or decrease a muliplier based on the date a record was created, for example:

if a quote was created after November 1, 2001, I want the shop rate to be $10 per hour but if a quote was created before Nov 1, I want the current records to still reflect $5/hour in order to keep older quotes valid.

This topic is 8228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.