Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM10 Client FMA 8.5 Snow Leopard

RT

This topic is 5333 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So after installing snow leopard.

i can no longer print any reports, i have changed all my print scripts so they output to PDF.

1. can i still use FMA 8.5A to develop this file (custom menus) if i was to purchase FM 10 for the client so they can print reports summary's etc...

ie: switch back and forth

Thanks

RT

FMP 8.5 is not supported on 10.6. However FMP 9.0v3 and 10.0v3 are supported. Make sure you install Rosetta, some parts of FMP still require it.

IMHO, update to FMP 9.0. The layout object resizing is worth the price of admission alone, then there is conditional formatting.

Thanks.

all my database still works in 8.5 except the printing.

but can my client use V10 and can i still use 8.5A for development ie: change my custom menus, calculations, layouts i can then still use conditionals on the client version of 10, with no ill effects until i can purchase V10 Advanced this caught me by suprise ;)

Thanks for the links.

as said i changed all my print scripts to output to PDF then set up a folder action to print, but with so many variables.

fast print

bottom tray print

invoice print settings it became a bit confusing.

i have changed a lot of settings with FM8.5A with no ill effects

the client is now using FM10 (trial) maybe the print function will get fixed before a purchase is made.

i had the same print problem with PAGESENDER for mac this was fixed within 24hrs

• 3 weeks later...

you could try this method.

I don't ”print to a PDF file“, per se (or ”Save As PDF...”) I just hit the Preview button in the print dialog box, which automatically opens Preview, then select Preview's print button (bottom right), which sends the print job straight to the printer without any additional options.

Of course, you can't print from a Script that skips the print dialog box, because you need to intervene manually. I'm surprised FileMaker doesn't list this work around. I guess they want everyone to upgrade.

This topic is 5333 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.