Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows Server 2003 not listening on port 5003

This topic is 5356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Windows 2003 Server stopped Filemaker web publishing. After digging for 3 days FM Tech support and I have narrowed it down to a problem with port 5003. The machines are on the same LAN with no firewall. cports revealed that there are no services listening on port 5003 on the server. It began last Saturday after running a Java Update. (Red Herring?) I have uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled in every sequence I can think of. Upgraded from Server 9 Advanced to Server 10 Advanced The Database Server and Web Publishing Engines are running. The Web Server is not. Deployment log shows Web Server return = false.

Thanks for the help

what do the system event logs say? Any strange errors and warnings in it? Same with the application event log. This sounds like something on the OS level for sure. Did you check the TCP/IP properties? There can be some filtering set there too.

• Newbies

Update: Worked with FM support. We checked ports. The Server software was not installing correctly on Windows Server 2003 to listen for port 5003. I am now running all services on the X-Serve until I can get the Windows machine to cooperate. On the Windows box, I ran install and uninstall so many times, it wouldn't open the installer anymore. Out network guy suggested a complete reinstall to correct the registry. As a Mac guy, I have no clue why. 12 hours later, all updates are done and all other websites are functioning. Back at square one. Server 10 will not attempt to install on the clean Windows box. I now suspect the current download of FMSA 10 from FileMaker is the problem with Windows Server 2003. The same download will install on XP, but not on WS2003.

This topic is 5356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.