Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Developer 7 Creating PDF Reports

Rick in Grove City

This topic is 5354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a system I wrote in FileMaker 6 using AfFiler to generate PDF report files in specified folders according to which client's data was being processed. I am rebuilding it in FileMaker Developer 7. I've read posts in the past where people have had trouble with AfFiler and I know the company is gone. But, I've not had any trouble doing what I wanted with it. However, it's becoming apparent that my AfFiler 3.1 may be incompatible with my FileMaker Developer 7.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to produce PDF reports in folders of my choice (via calc fields) using FileMaker Developer 7? My system creates text file and PDF reports for each state. Scripting is preferrable to manual report generation.

Hello Rick, welcome to FM Forums.

FM10 has the ability to Save As PDF, which will allow you to create a pdf of anything that you can print and save it in any path you specify. So, if you have a folder hierarchy based on clients, and you have any ability to calculate a path based on record data, then you will not need any plugins.

FM7 was quite unstable, and you should upgrade.

• Newbies

Thanks for the heads up. I learned as much reading through other posts and articles I googled on the subject since I originally posted.

I guess I need to get some clients so I can afford to upgrade to 10... and then rewrite the whole thing again. Until then I'll have to squeeze as much out of 7 as I can.

This topic is 5354 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.