Problem File

This topic is 5371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a problem file. Everything is fine except that it refuses to display 'Arial' Font Face.

I am working in 8.5 Adv

I have recovered it 3 times but when i apply the calculation: TextFont ( "ABC" ; "Arial" ) it will only display Helvetica. Similarly it will not change a layout item to Arial (Says Arial in Format > Font but displays Helvetica and GetAsCSS/SVG ( Field ) displays as Helvetica too.

This file is designed specifically for printing and has months of complex work in it.

Has anyone seen this before?

Really hoping there is a simple thing that i am overlooking.

Recovered the file in FMP 10 but same result.

Did identical calc in new file and works correctly.

This is a really really serious issue for me!!!

please help!

best

Stuart

OK so i am finally getting to the bottom of this. The files were created in a different OS (10.4) i am now using 10.5 on a different machine with totally different software.

I think Arial is a Microsoft Office font, well anyway there are 2 installed in the "Font Book".

One has the path: Library/Fonts/Microsoft/Arial and the other has the path: Library/Fonts/Arial.ttf

Anyway the upshot of this is that for some reason this specific file can not recognize the version of Arial that FileMaker has loaded. This is even true when choosing the font from the menu and applying it to a field on a layout.

But when i specify in a calculation that the font to use is Arial.ttf it renders just fine.

Of course this is going to be a real pain to explain to clients and to program reliably too.

:

Next step is of course to uninstall the Microsoft version and see if Arial resolves itself to the system font.

best wishes

Stuart

This topic is 5371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.