Installing On NT Server , D:drive

This topic is 8212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Anatoli is incorrect. It has nothing to do with being a service. If you want to install FM Server 5.0 or FM Server 5.5 on anything other than the C drive, select custom install-->change drive location.

Do not install the exe on anything OTHER than a physical drive of the server CPU, and include the database files on the same drive as the exe.

HTH

Old Advance Man

RE: Anatoli is incorrect. It has nothing to do with being a service.

Didn't I write "Maybe it has to do with something being service"? smile.gif" border="0

And I am absolutely right about quality of WebConnector installer.

BTW here is the solution dxtopher send me:

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the response, Anatoli. I have discovered the solution. You must first create the destination folder on the target drive before you run the install. Filemaker will not create a new folder and will install to the default (C:program filesfilemaker) if you don’t do this first.

-------------------------------------------------

Isn't that bad installer?

You can install on any physical drive on the CPU. But you must select custom install during the install setup process if you want to install on other than the C drive. I have done any number of these, although usually I do install on the C drive.

The WSC has nothing to do with FileMaker Server; the WSC is part of FileMaker Pro 5.5 Unlimited.

HTH

Old Advance Man

RE: The WSC has nothing to do with FileMaker Server; the WSC is part of FileMaker Pro 5.5 Unlimited.

That knows all 10-year-old kids here smile.gif" border="0 If you read correctly what I've posted, it relates to quality of FileMaker Inc. Installers in general.

IMHO Rubbish.

This topic is 8212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.