Auto-Enter Photo

Ryszard Gold

This topic is 5361 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey there folks, wondering if there is a way to pull a photo in a Container Field through a relationship?

I'm producing a Family Menue planner that has 3 tables, one for ingredients, one for meals, and the planner itself. The meals table has the title description, list of ingredients, and finally a photo of the dish.

On the actual planner table I want the user to be able to select the menu item for the time of day, and have it pull the photo through a display it in a field once the item has been selected.

I tried through Auto Enter, and it doesn't seem to want to work on a container field.

Ideas?

Could you explain why the urge to make it autoenter? Redundant storage should be avoided and when speaking of images is it even questionable to keep more than references to a document.

Have you fully embraced the post fm6 way of tunneling?

http://www.filemakermagazine.com/videos/graph-rules-four-rules-to-remember.htm

http://www.newcenturydata.com/downloads/gtrr_multi_hop.zip

--sd

On the actual planner table I want the user to be able to select the menu item for the time of day, and have it pull the photo through a display it in a field once the item has been selected.

If it's just one item per planner record, you can simply place the related container field on a layout of planner (assuming that selecting the menu item establishes a relationship).

If there are more, you should use a join table to hold the selected items, and show them in a portal.

This topic is 5361 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.