Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Upgrading / Update question.

This topic is 5347 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I posted this topic about a month ago, but wanted to get some more input. I am currently running Tiger (10.4.11) and FM Server 9.0.3.326. Awhile back I had a total screw up when Java was updated and Server couldn't support... I'm sure we all remember that. Consequently I've been a little hesitant to do any updates since. I am looking to go with Leopard (NOT Snow Leopard), but want to make sure I'll be doing the right thing before hand. So here are my questions and concerns...

(1) Should I even bother going to Leopard? What's the advantage at this point?

(2) In what order should I do the upgrades... FM first, then the OS or the other way around?

(3) Last time I posted this topic someone said I should stop at a certain level of OS, does anyone know what that was? and why?

(4) If you do upgrade, should you do the usual software upgrades after that or not?

Thank you so very much for responding, I'm just a bit nervous as my company is a 24/7 outfit and I can't afford to be down in case of a major mishap or crash. I plan on taking everyone off line this week during the middle of the night to perform these updates.

Thanks again, Vandy

Here are my specs:

FileMaker Server 9.0.3.326

PowerMac Dual 2.3 Ghz PowerPC G5

4.5 GB of Ram

Mac OSX 10.4.11

Thanks for your reply, I was sort of thinking that due to having the Power PC model and maybe not going to Leopard or Snow Leopard would be the best option. I'll just do the normal software updates for both FM Server / Mac OS,, but does it matter which one i do first? I was told to do FM Server first, so I hope that's right.

Vandy

I'll just do the normal software updates for both FM Server / Mac OS,, but does it matter which one i do first? I was told to do FM Server first, so I hope that's right

Told by whom? As a general rule, do OS updates first. I'd do an OS update only if that's needed for the FMS update.

Steven

This topic is 5347 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.