Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't open Admin Console on FMS 10 on Snow leopard

This topic is 5154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I can't get the admin console to open on my FM 10 server since I installed Snow Leopard Server. I get the dialog "Failed to Validate Certificate. The Application will not be Executed."

Here's what I've done/tried since installing Snow Leopard Server:

Reinstalled FMS 10.0.2.206 with the full installer recommended by FMI, following the Knowledge base instructions to a tee

Repaired permissions on disk

Emptied Java cache

Told Java Preferences to let user override warnings

Stopped and started FMS Services

Rebooted machine after each change

Nothing has worked!

Fortunately I can still use the admin console from remote workstations that have Leopard on them. But at some point it would be nice to have it working properly on the server itself.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Kent

Picture_1.png

Hi Steven,

My machine with Snow Leopard Server has the same version of Java and is configured the same way as it is on my other machines with Leopard. I also searched Tech articles and found nothing of use. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

-Kent

• 5 months later...

How did this get resolved? I've had the same problem two times in a row. I have no idea how I fixed it last September.

I've now got a new Mac with the latest Snow Leopard on it, and I can't get the FM10 Server Admin Console to start.

The machine that's currently running it has Java 5.0 installed. The new one doesn't. I can't figure out how to get 5.0 installed. Everything I find on the Apple website says it's not for Snow Leopard.

I opened up a tech support case with FMI, we experimented with various options (none worked), and when the next Java update came out I installed it and lo and behold, I was back in business.

If you've already tried everything I mentioned in the original post and still get the same message I was getting, then my only advice is to contact FMI and open up a tech support case ... maybe they've figured it out by now.

HTH

-Kent

Kent

Thanks. No. It didn't. Based on something I found on the FileMaker's own forum, I uninstalled and reinstalled it. No good. If I go to Java services and delete the files and then right click on the file that's down loaded and go to the library and core services, etc., and start it from there, it starts to download a Java application or some other application. But then stops with the same error message.

no fun

Christopher

This topic is 5154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.