Server Maintenance This Week. ×

XSL/XML Header Question

macdocmike

This topic is 5092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Help! I have a layout in FMP that shows a date field in the header. It performs a find before showing the layout so that the value is the same for each record. I want the layout in XSL to also show the date in the header section, but I can't get it to show a record value in the header.

I've used the Filemaker XSLT Assistant (In FMP 10 Server) to create the original pages, but I still can't get the info from a field (that's in each record I'm going to show) to show up in the header of the page.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so maybe I wasn't clear.

I just need to show a field's value in the header area of my XSL file. It's a listing and every record should have the same value, I just want to display it once at the top instead of next to every row. (As if it was in the header section of a Filemaker layout)

Thanks for any help!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I just mean that all the found records have the same value in this field (date) and I can easily display it along with each record in the recordlist.xsl layout, but I'd prefer to display it just once in the header. Here's the code I'm using to display the field in each record.

Obviously this is within the 'for-each' section of the XSL.

I'm just wondering how to get a field value to show up in the header of the form.

Thanks for any help!

Mike

• 6 months later...

I just got back to this project and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

To explain again, I want to place a few fields in the "header" section of my page. Similar to placing a global field in the header part of a Filemaker Pro layout.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

This topic is 5092 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.