Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Does Renumbering IPs effect FMSA 10

This topic is 5286 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

Our orgainzation is renumbering IPs throughout, and our FileMaker server machine will also be renumbered.

We are running FMSA10 on Windows Server 2008.

Does this present any special problems for the server, other than adjusting any address I have coded into the various areas on the admin console?

I have not been able to find anything about this in the docs. The machines are named, so users should not be effected by the change.

If anyone out there has any experience with this, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

Barbara

If your users are all on the same subnet as the Server, and if they properly installed FileMaker Pro, then the server will be automatically discovered in Local Hosts of the Open Rmote dialog. If users are not on the same subnet, they will need to edit the IP address of the server in their Favorite Hosts section of FileMaker Pro to reflect the server's new IP address.

Make sure the server machine has a fixed IP address, not a dynamically assigned one.

Steven

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Well we made our switch and now the only problem I am having is that I am not able to lauch the Admin Console from the webpage.

I get a 403 error that says:

FileMaker Server has encountered an error:

Access to the specified resource () has been forbidden.

IF I run it on the server and use localhost IP instead of the ip of the machine, the admin console web page comes up.

But if I use the IP of the machine either on the server or on another machine (which I have already set up as allowable in the Admin Console settings) I get the 403 error stated above.

I cleared the Java cache on my remote machine, and my sys admin claims he cleared it on the server as well.

Is there some other file that needs to be updated or removed in order for things to refresh?

The other thing I wondered about is the security question that comes up the first time you run the console from the webpage, which you are instructed to answer "trust always".

Does this need to be updated/removed? If so, how would that be done? One of the things I noticed is that the machine has also been renamed and there is a Versign certificate issued in the old machine name for FileMaker, which appears to also be used by the Java environment (I am really surmising here...).

We run our FM Server 10A on Windows Server 2008 platform.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

Barbara

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5286 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.