Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Make & Save Documents using MS Office apps through FMP

This topic is 5278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

hi all, I don't know if my question has been answered before already, the truth is I just learned about the software and am creating a project now where I can integrate MS Office applications via FMP. that's the first case and a lot more coming in, i'll just have to solve this first.

thanks and best regards,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Say you want to create a word document from inside FM there there are different ways of doing it:

- export the data out of FM that you need in Word

- use a VBscript to call on the Word ActiveX methods and properties to create and save the Word document, using the data you've exported

or

- export the data out of FM in XML format

- use a stylesheet to transform the XML into a Word document

I typically use the VBscript approach since I'm more proficient in that. Using VBscript with FM gives you almost the same power like you have with VBA from inside Office

• Newbies

:qwery: yeah I was thinking of a vbscript too, cool with that now.

Another, prob man... the users can't access the the project. The screen that appears says this " No Access", what's more, their passwords are altered into many indistinct characters. :bang: this really cracks my heads up.

Any idea how's that possible? Can't really figure it out from my end. hope you do man, will wait for your advise and at the same time doin' what i can do here. thanks

Do they get into the file but the layout shows "no access" or is the message saying something "the account and pw you entered cannot be used..."?

In the first case the account & pw are correct but their privilege set is too strict. In the 2nd scenario they are using the wrong account or pw.

"no access" displayed on a layout would be because their privilege set restricts them. Did you create a custom priv set or are you using with one of the predefined ones.

This topic is 5278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.