"an unexpected error occurred during installation"

This topic is 5319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to install SuperContainer fresh onto OS X 10.6.1 running FMSA 10.0.2.206. All i am getting (with both Version 2.631 and Version 2.62) is "an unexpected error occurred during installation". Even when i try to remove the installation i get the same error.

Currently i have restarted the server to no effect.

Has anyone experienced this or can offer any advice?

Robin,

The installer for SuperContainer is not currently working with Snow Leopard. We will have this fixed in our next update. In the mean time, you can perform a manual installation of SuperContainer, which will work properly. The instructions for a manual installation are as follows:

Manually Installing SuperContainer 2.0 and higher

1. Determine your INSTALLATION_PATH

o FMS9/10 on OS X: /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpe-tomcat/bin/

o FMS8 on OS X: /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/

o FMS7 on OS X: /Library/FileMaker Server 7/Web Publishing/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/

o FMS9/10 on Win: c:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpe-tomcat/bin/

o FMS8 on Win: c:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/

o FMS7 on Win: c:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server 7/Web Publishing/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/

1. Copy the SuperContainer folder to your INSTALLATION_PATH. Only copy the directory called 'SuperContainer', not the entire SuperContainer_2.0 directory.

2. Optionally, modify the tomcat configuration files to serve SuperContainer content on port 80

1. Determine your TOMCAT_CONFIG_FILE path

+ Mac OS X: the file will be called mod_jk.conf or mod_jk_paths.conf, and will be in your FileMaker server directory

+ Windows: the file will be called uriworkermap.properties, and will be in your FileMaker Server directory.

1. Add the appropriate lines to mount the SuperContainer webapp

+ Mac OS X: JkFmMount /SuperContainer/* cwpe

JkFmMount /SuperContainer* cwpe

+ Windows: /SuperContainer/*=cwpe

/SuperContainer*=cwpe

After saving your changes, restart your web service (tomcat, IIS, FMS) and all associated services. Restarting your computer will work as well. SuperContainer should now be up and running!

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 5319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.