Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Custom Floor Plans Help

harryisda

This topic is 5321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have been searching for a while now and need some ideas or help with adding floor plans to our current database. The floor plans are going to be populated with the location of our computers. I have looked at this option but its not really working for me. I am a Filemaker Newbie.

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/199278/pid/308695/

Example I have a 5 floor building so I was going to create 5 different layouts of the floor plans. Where I get stuck is either populating multiple portals which people talk about or what the person did above in the example. For some reason when I do multiple portals I still get the same record in all the portals even if I say record 2 of column one and record 3 of column 1.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

If your floor plan is FIXED and static, then just draw it out or scan a plan of it then for each space that is where the desk should be delete the blank space save the image with transparency as a png, then import that in to the layout in FMP.

Then use a single repeating field that calculates the repetition number extending out any other logic. Place individual repeating fields on the layout adjust their size the place the PNG image over them as a mask. You can use conditional formatting to augment selection and context based on current data.

Here is a video sample...

http://screencast.com/t/IuuxtxeQ

This topic is 5321 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.