SendEmailWithAuthentication

This topic is 5273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I was trying to register that without scriptmaster database fp7, in my solution directly, by [color:red]registergroovy,... and cannot do it. It doesn't appear on external functions : .

Do I have to call [color:orange]jar. library first :)

On the other hand, For example, I did it with "selectfile" and was running good, but "sendEmail...." not. why? :

: Thanks a lot...

Yes, you will need to register the .jar using SMLoadJar(externaJar) before registering the function.

You will need to load Mail.jar, which can be found in the jar libraries section of the ScriptMaster File.

Edited by Guest

Sorry, but You didn't understand me.

I put the scriptmaster plugin correctly.

So, I wanna register this plug-in not open and close (scriptmaster.fp7), I wannt register on my start script, with "registergroovy" external function.

... but I don't know how to do it. :)

Thanks.

For the parameter for that function you can either specify a URL to the .jar file or a container field which stores the .jar file. I would recommend using a container if you only have a few .jars to load, so that you don't need to worry about having the jar available on all of your client machines.

Edited by Guest

1. ScriptMaster does not handle more than one attachement, but we could either customize it to do this for you, or you could try our Email plugin which does have this feature.

2. When you are calling the Send Email With Authentication function you can pass in whatever fields you like as parameters. Our example file uses the text fields on the left side of the layout, but when you are calling the function manually you can set it to be whichever field you like. If you want to have a mix of fixed text and filemaker fields I would recommend creating a new calculation field which you would use to create the body and include your filemaker fields.

I'm sorry, but I don't know how to do [color:blue]html body with fields of my database.

I did a txt field with html code, but i don't know how I have to put different fields mixed with html body.

Can you explain me better ?? Thanks a lot. :)

As I mentioned, you will need to do a calculation to mix text and fields. You can use an ampersand to concatenate text, fields, and functions.

For example, you can have your calculation be:

"Hello, my name is " & MyTable::FirstName & "!"

which might return return:

Hello, my name is David!

A second option is to use a specific, distinct character set in your text field, such as "xxxxFirstNamexxxx" and then write a find-and-replace script to replace xxxxFirstNamexxxx with your field.

You extended the quotes, but forgot to escape the quote characters within the quotes and make sure that your quotes all match up.

I can do this script for you as a development project, if you are interested. I would like to take a look at your database to see what functionality you would like for your database to have before giving you a real estimate, but my initial guess for implementing the emailing functionality would probably be 1-2 hours of billed time.

If you are interested in having 360Works do this for you, you can email me at [email protected] or call in to the office at 866-662-9185.

• Like 1

This topic is 5273 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.