Server Maintenance This Week. ×

IWP and SSL

This topic is 5280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am needing someone to point in the right direction to find some kind of tutorial or manual on how to get SSL working for IWP via Filemaker Server 10 Advanced. I have one manual that says that I need to configure FMS to use https:// from the "edit server deployment" wizard. However, there is nothing in the wizard that has anything to do with server security. So, a link to a good tutorial would be fantastic.

As John May notes, install a SSL certificate on yiur (presumably Apache) Web Server. This deal with traffic from the user's browser to the web server.

Then in the Admin Console, enable SSL connections. This deal with traffic between the database and the Web Publishing Engine.

That leaves the traffic between the WPE and the Web Server. FMS does not provide this. You must either make a closed loop network between the 2 or, as is most frequently the case, put both on the same machine.

All this is covered in greater detail in the documentation accompanying the FMS product.

HTH

Steven

I have one question. When dealing with IWP I thought Filemaker 'was' the web publishing engine. Is it not?

No. As John May points out, the Web Publsihing Engine links the FileMaker Pro databases hosted by FIleMaker Server to either IIS (Windows) or Apache (Macintosh). IIS and Apache are web servers.

Steven

This topic is 5280 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.