Server Maintenance This Week. ×

'Manifest' files

tomp

This topic is 5296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

3 'Microsoft.VC80.???' sub-folders are created when making a Windows run-time solution. Each of the folders contains a 'Manifest' file.

What do these do? Are they necessary for the solution to work? Could I delete them from the solution without adverse affect?

My installer does not like the files and I'm unable to build an installer for Windows 7 applications.

TIA

I don't know about adverse effects of deleting the *.manifest files, but I'm curious why your installer doesn't like them. Does it provide any specific error messages that give you a clue?

What installer are you using?

I'm planning on using InnoSetup for my FM 10v3 Windows Runtime. It would be good to know if there are potential landmines in Windows 7.

I'm unable to build the installer. The program - setupbuilder from gpp software - crashes when it tries to include a manifest file.

I have been using setupbuilder for years.One of it's strengths is a scripting language that has allowed me to migrate my users through FM's and Windows evolutions (copy/rename files, checking for existence of files/directories etc.).

I've advised them of the problem, sent them sample installers & the files that the installer objects to, but do not yet have a resolution. That's why I tried omitting the files from the install - to see if I could proceed with testing while the problem is researched. Of course, not knowing what they do, I don't know what to test for in the solution. So far, nothing seems to be affected, but I'm not ready to deploy the runtimes yet.

I don't think the problem is a Windows 7 issue, rather an issue with the installer and this file type.

I did a quick 'google' on Inno Setup. Will look at that should I not get resolution here.

This topic is 5296 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.