Buyers Risk

This topic is 5298 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everybody

i made a database with restless days and nights finally with this wonderful product it was possible in little time.

I am using advanced fm pro.

I want to keep it for sale, but i found out that with some 3rd party applications fm pro database accounts are visible by which any user can access that database with related assigned privileges being intact, but though we remove admin account theres still presence of a either guest account or buyer account or both being vulnerable that still its possible that to visualize buyer account by which theres is high risk of retouching the buyers own database which is head down feature for the creator of the database, i do agree privileges as assigned to an account cant be changed but accounts are prone to be intrude so kindly read again my message if u don't understand and only this site can give solution --- whats the use of making databases when theres no security from few mb 3rd party softwares which reveals the accounts please security first then next hope u understand and feel the pain of my restless effort thank you :

Edited by Guest
Please don't shout on the Forum

THANKS FOR CONCERN I AM NOT MISINFORMED I MYSELF SAW IT PERSONALLY WITH MY OWN EYES I WAS SHOCKED I DONT WANT TO REVEAL THE SOFTWARE NAME IN PUBLIC

if u think its yelling no problem i told a security problem let it be . theres site called inbloom it created a solution for file maker costs around 375 usd i will give its full acess within 2mins if the site not interested in wat m saying then goodbye

Never said I wasn't interested, I said I thought u were misinformed. There used to be a problem with earlier version (4 or 5) that crackers could do what you described, and has been well documented in several Threads on this and other FileMaker Lists. However, I haven't read where this has been a problem in the latest versions. I'm a show me kind of guy, so by all means please post a site, and or the name of the cracker software. I'm sure there are many of us here that would like to see it.

BTW, all caps is considered yelling and after I edited your first post, and noted the reason for it, you seem to ignore it and posted your second in all caps.

Lee

software name KINDLY SEE IN UR PVT MSG I AM just teling name because of file maker i made a database so easily as i dreamt. i want my database to be perfectly safe from unauthorised usage thats all i expect i guess filemaker must introduce certificate security rather than this simple password capable of being cracked instantly no likes there effort to retouched in every hand

Edited by Guest

These file cracking programs are well known. There is no need to be secretive about them.

Strictly speaking, while it is true that they can open a file they cannot extract the passwords from the files. Passwords are no longer stored in the database files.

This topic is 5298 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.