If Only....

This topic is 5244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My wishes are fairly simple.

1) Preview issues resolved (ever notice that what is rendered on the screen is NOT exactly what is printed? Add about a page of text in a single block, add a graphic to the layout somewhere midway down the page or more, when it prints it will not be aligned where you think it should be, this problen increases if you use zoom to align 'better')

2) Printing Issues resolved(many print drivers will cause the client to crash on windows when the client tries to print, the more recent versions of filemaker or worse than older ones)

3) Screen rendering issues (worse in more recent versions, screen flicker, objects not refreshing,... Don't tell me to adjust the graphic acceleration or get better video cards/driver, for a commercial product used in the buisness world this should never be needed)

4) something to prevent an error on a web page in a webviewer (that we have little or no control over) from crashing a client.

5) A server app that is smart enough to know if a client is no longer connected and will release/revert records that they were in at the time of the disconnect.

Wishes 2 and 3 are the reasons I have not upgraded my users to ver 9(I own lics for it). I have seen nothing to indicate that this has improved in version 10 and I sadly do not have high hopes for ver 11. I love the ease at which filemaker can be used but a 95% solution that cannot be viewed or printed correctly with any reliablity is no solution at all.

This topic is 5244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.