Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Install error on runtime application

EllenG

This topic is 5286 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone seen this error on installing a runtime application?

irsetup

a sharing violation occurred while accessing and unnamed file

This has happened to 2 of my clients so far. I think they are both on XP. I am not able to re-create the problem on my XP or Win7 computers.

The application is an FMP10 runtime. The problems seems to occur only after an initial install. In both cases the program had been installed but had to be deleted to re-install an updated version. The installer is Setup Factory.

With 1 client, we ran it twice and it failed at the same point in the install. Looks like it was installing the FMWRAPPER.dll file.

What is this .dll used for? Do I need it in my runtime application? Not sure if this is the problem, but will try to eliminate that file if it is not needed. Unfortunately, I can't test it, as I am not getting the error!!

If anyone has encountered this problem or knows what may be causing it, please respond!!

Thanks.

I know, that's what is so strange.

All the files are in the runtime folder and are "installed" to the c: root directory, under the runtime folder.

The installer just copies the files to the c: drive. So, it is strange that this error would occur at all (even if there were a potential conflict with a .dll, that would not happen until the program was opened) but to stop at the same file both times???

Not sure if it stopped in the same place with my other client. But, the fact that both had an initial install that was good and then failed on a 2nd install... Well, that must be significant?

This topic is 5286 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.