Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 5257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Rnvironment: Windows 2003 Server (Active Directory - External Authentication) / FMS 10.02 / FMP 10.03/ Client: Windows XP SP3.

I have now noticed this issue in several different locations that my company services. It seems that once the FMP 10.03 update came out there have been instances where the users may try to run the update and connot due to their restricted priveges. At that point it seems to corrupt their Windows profile. The only resolution is to delet the users profile and start over. I've never seen this before with any patches, but it seems to be happening more frequently.

Best Regards

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

I havent gotten around to reporting this one yet and you are correct on your remedy (at least in most cases). I've also seen that an uninstall / reinstall didnt do the trick. I had to delete the user account and create a new one. Your suspicion does make perfect sense though. I also believe that this is caused by users attempting to download and run the 10.03 update, which does not finish properly,for the reasons you eluded to however I'm still looking into it.

Thanks, Ron

This topic is 5257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.