Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hosting ???

This topic is 8636 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to Host 1 main file within my solution where all user will access this file through the server ( as default ) and the HOST button when you open filemaker.

From the main file, User will be able to access other files. The other files are below the sub directory.

What i am trying to do is make all users use 1 file to gain access to many.

<< However i do not want to map a drive to the server. >>

I know that there is a way of doing this but i am not sure if i need to create a long script or if a need to do something with my server set ups.

Need help on this one folks !!

Many Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by partsgb.martinw:

I am trying to Host 1 main file within my solution where all user will access this file through the server ( as default ) and the HOST button when you open filemaker.

From the main file, User will be able to access other files. The other files are below the sub directory.

Once all of the files are hosted, you do not need to map any drives. In fact this is not recommended at all.

Open all of the files on your host machine. I would recommend doing this via a startup script so that you only have to launch the one file.

One each client machine, put a "Launcher" file. This is basically a Filemaker file that simply has a startup script which launchers the main file of your solution from the host.

The users will double click this launcher file from thier desktop and your solution will open.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Consultant

Database Resources

mailto:[email protected]

http://www.database-resources.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8636 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.