iMac to PC withFMP7

This topic is 5229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi there

I have been using FMP7 on an iMac no probs.

I have now needed to move FMP7 onto a PC. All is well - except

I have a folder called "Scanned Documents" over 5,000 images - mostly TIFF and some JPEGs. Each of these images is represented by a Container Field in FMP7. I want to default FMP7 to open the Container Field that I click (Scanned Documents) can anyone please advise me on what I need to do?

When using the iMac I would simply click on one of the Container Fields - this would then open the image - retreived from the Scanned Documents folder - I need to do the same on the PC.

Welcome to the Forums.

This is a common question, and there are several threads about image paths and shared volumes, mostly answered by Fenton.

You mention the Scanned Documents folder, and it seems that you are using the system as a single-user. Is this correct? Are there other users who will log in to the system from their workstations and need to access the scans?

Overall, the answer is that each container has a path to the image. You've changed the path. FM doesn't automatically update the paths. You need to somehow recalc the paths in the container.

See this thread: http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/190212/post/267240/hl/image+path/fromsearch/1/#267240

This topic is 5229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.