Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem installing filemaker server 10 on sbs2003 server

This topic is 5228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've got a message when i installed filemaker server 10 on a windows sbs2003 server.

At the end of the installation i'll get a message error 1722,the is a problem with this windows installer package, A program run as part of the setup did nog finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. action setpermission_NDL, location: C:DOCUME~1...

1st question... What service pack are you running on Win 2003 server. Also, what type of hardware dows it have? 80+Gb hard drive, 1+GB RAM, and processor? Next does the install fail before or after it has extracted the files and created the FileMaker Pro 10 folder? If it has created that folder you can try to launch the Setup.exe that is created in the C:programs filesfilemakerfilemaker serverfiles folder. This is a different setup.exe than the one that resides directly inside the Filemaker Server folder. Sometimes that one will not launch the install.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

as Steven has said, it's been a standing practice (not supported) not to install on Windows SBS, however I have sucessfully installed and run on thses servers in the past. Part of the problem is that no one listens when I tell then not to purchase that OS and I'm then basically stuck with using it. Regardless you may want to try launching the Setup.exe thats located inside the "Files" subfolder, rather than the one thats created in the "Filemaker Server 10" folder that is created when you run the .exe that you download off of the Filemaker site where you received the license keys. Ive seen that the setup.exe located int he "File" sub folder will install where the other setup.exe will not. good luck.

This topic is 5228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.