Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conditional formatting not working with portal (?)

This topic is 5231 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I've created a database which tracks inventory. Some of the inventory items are "assets." My main layout page uses a portal to display the line items from each physical box where the various inventory items are physically stored.

I'd like for the "asset" items on this list to appear in red. Each line item includes an asset field which records a "yes" or "no" entry.

My current formula is:

Inventory::Asset? = "Yes"

However, this only works on the FIRST line item in the portal. Why is this? How can I get the formula to apply to ALL 20 displayed line items?

(I initially had my db set up with fields "item 1" "item 2" "item 3" and so on...the conditional format worked fine with that set up, as I had it applied separately to each line item. I learned that was the wrong way to set up a database, so now I've learned how to just have one line item field and display multiple line items with a portal - but this is the only feature I can't seem to duplicate! I don't want to have to go back to the wrong way of doing things...help!)

Thanks!

• Newbies

I restarted the program and the "red line items" now seems to be working. However I also have a blank white box in my "Print Layout" layout which is supposed to become colored (to read "This box contains assets") and THIS is now only working when the very first portal row is an asset. I have pared down the file and attached it here. The 1st record lists an asset item in the 1st portal row, and the 2nd records lists one in the 2nd. The "This box contains assets" box should appear in both records within the "Print Layout" layout, but only does so in the 1st record. So my question is:

Do others see this problem replicated? If so is it a Filemaker bug, or am I doing something wrong?

If you do not see the problem replicate, what version of Filemaker are you using? Maybe I need to upgrade...

Thanks!

Inventory.fp7.zip

This topic is 5231 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.