Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Generating a email confirmation to user after registering for a event

RoadrunnerRay

This topic is 5223 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am having difficulty grasping how to generate a email to the individual confirming they have registered for one of our events.

I would like to generate this email when I generate the web page confirming the registration. The email would contain some basic information about the event.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated....

Ray

FileMaker Server 10 can send mail directly from the server, or you could use a plugin (which would work on older Server as well).

I've used several that work well, all from well-established vendors:

Dacons mail.it,

CNS SMTPit Pro, and

360works Email.

You should get the demo versions, see if one has some particular feature you need, compare costs, and maybe talk to the developers. Make sure you mention that you'll be using it on a server.

Thanks Tom, i did exactly as you suggested. Yesterday I searched the web and came up with the three packages you laid out. I contacted two of them and received excellent communications back from 360Works.

I have one more question. Do you create a FileMaker script, using the plug-in, that you access from your web page to issue the confirmation email?

Thanks again for your help........Ray

Not surprised, Ray, the guys at 360works have always been great to work with in my experience.

Yes, the general idea is to call the plug-in with a FileMaker script. Make sure you don't use any options that aren't web-compatible, e.g. displaying a dialog box.

This topic is 5223 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.