Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Attempt to cover object using conditional formatting

This topic is 5228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have some price information in a field that I want to hide from certain users.

I've been playing around with conditional formatting and did the following:

1) I did an image overlay that is transparent for "User X" and applied a white fill for "User Y". Apparently even with the image overlay, you can still click the field and it brings it to the front (displaying the price that was previously hidden).

2) I applied the same conditional format to the field itself. I left the text black for "User X" and turned it white (to match the background) for "User Y". Again, it works but if "User Y" were to click the field the conditional formatting disappears.

Is there something else I can do to prevent the field from being selected? Any suggestions?

I want to do something similar to the file attached in 2nd post of http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/177010

Edited by Guest

I wanted to use Accounts and Privileges to restrict users to layouts (with or without the prices) but I have MULTIPLE related databases, layouts, and scripts that bring users to this layout. Wouldn't it be a giant mess to organize this?

This topic is 5228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.