Cross-paltform issue with openURL

This topic is 5235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Using FMP 10 Server Advanced 10.0.2.206 hosted on Vista Business SP2.

I've got an IWP application where I'd like to give the user the option to generate an eMail using the OpenURL script step (without dialog) - this is IWP compatible. The URL I've specified is

"mailto:"& CLUBS::sec_email &

"?Subject= " & "Database Details for " & Proper(CLUBS::club) &

"&Body=" &CLUBS::B_geMailClubDetails

If I access the IWP database and run the script on a Mac running Firefox 3.5.7 or Safari 4.0.4 with Apple Mail, everything works fine and a new e-mail is generated in Apple Mail - as long as you unblock pop-ups for the IWP site.

If I crank up Firefox 3.5.7 or IE8 8.0.6001 on my Vista PC, with Microsoft Outlook as the default mail client, access the IWP application and click the same button on the interface, the browser loads something but nothing happens in Outlook or anywhere else. I wan't aware that there was a cross-platform issue with the openURL script step. Can anyone help?

BTW, I am aware of the SMTP facility on FMP10 server but don't wish to implement the application this way.

Thanks

Brian

The problem on Windows appears to be to do with the amount of text passed when the Windows browser is building the mailto. Once you get to around 1000 characters in the body text, the mailto fails silently and doesn't bring up the new mail message.

Doesn't occur when the browser is Mac based, although this has only been tried with Apple Mail

This topic is 5235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.