Certain Emails Never Arrive

Ron Cates

This topic is 5085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone found any issues with emails sent through filemaker's SMPT not arriving to certain email addresses. For instance, I have tested to my yahoo account and our company account and the email arrives fine, but when sent to hotmail it doesn't seem to arrive or in some cases there is a delay of up to an hour or more before it arrives. I am currently hosting on a client computer in an office with five PCs. We are installing a server next month. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

• 3 months later...

I'm seeing this too. My suspicion is that it has to do with the way filemaker insists on using UTF8 encoding for emails.

For example, if you put a From name in, then the email will have something like this:

I think that many SPAM filters are wary of unicode addresses and may penalize them.

We've seen a few cases where the automatic email sent from filemaker is CC'd to us properly, but the customer never receives it. But then if we manually re-send that email from our email program, it goes through fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had to rework my solutions to use the email client rather than smtp which means that any user that uses an email function has to have Outlook open. Not quite what I was hoping for :

This topic is 5085 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.