Alpha page breaks?

DeborahW

This topic is 5211 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a resource list that I'd like to print so that it is divided in sections alphabetically. If there were many entries in a section (several companies that started with "A", for instance) they would go on multiple pages (without breaking in the middle of any record, of course) and if there was only one entry for a given letter it would be on a page by itself with blank space under. Sections with no entries would be blank (or not show up at all). It would be nice if the letter could be a heading for each of its pages. Is something like this possible?

Thank you.

See attached - two files in the zip.

The first is a simple way of creating this directory but the items run on sequentially through the alphabet rather than being separated alphabetically on different pages - i.e. not what you asked for.

The other file sort of does what you want although it is a kludge. At the moment it is set up to only print to separate PDFs (one for every letter that has a record). There are no error traps for letters without any records; there are no page numbers; there is no preview for the complete document.

I'm sure that someone else on this forum will be able to provide a better way ...

Directory.zip

This topic is 5211 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.