Server Maintenance This Week. ×

One laptop can't connect?

Grey Loki

This topic is 5175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I have a Mac Mini running a copy of Filemaker Pro Advanced 9.0.3, sharing my database through filemaker networking to several other OSX laptops on a local network. All of them connect fine with the exception of one. As far as I can tell, it's identical to at least one other machine on the network, but obviously there's some setting misconfiguration somewhere which is stopping it.

Symptoms:

Client laptop (non-connecting) can ping and access/read/write files on the host mac mini, no problems.

I have tried changing the client laptop's login credentials, and also played around a bit with the keychain settings (though it doesn't look like FM does much in there).

Client laptop can 'open remote' within FM, and see the mac mini, however it doesn't see any files within.

This happened before with this laptop, last time it was fixed by swapping server.pem within the FM application package with server.pem from a working machine (this was due to SSL certificate strangeness). This time, no luck.

Client laptop can't connect to any other machines on the network running a test filemaker database (which leads me to believe that it is a fault somewhere with this laptop).

As far as I can tell, the client laptop isn't in a firewall/routing black/whitelist, is fully updated both on the OSX and network sides, and seems to work normally in all other things (both local- and network-based activities).

So, a bit of a brain teaser for you guys - anybody got any ideas?

This might be an authentication issue. Several points to note:

- In configuring the server, you have the option to list all databases or just the ones user has access to

- "External" accounts set up in "Accounts and Privileges" authenticate with open/active directory if the feature is enabled on the server

- External accounts are group names, not user names

I would check that out first

Edited by Guest

did you ever patch up to the SSL update patch?

http://www.filemaker.com/support/kb/?answers/detail/a_id/7016

Quick update:

Just re-tested by creating a totally new database (blargle.fp7...) on the host mac mini, setting it to be accessible to 'all users'. I could connect to this fine from every other computer on the network, so the problem almost certainly seems to lie with the client laptop.

Are there any OSX settings that could stop a filemaker network connection?

This topic is 5175 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.