Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Stacked Column Chart

lsmall

This topic is 5154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I apologize for jumping the gun on asking questions about FM11's new charting feature, but I'm just curious. Has anyone seen a way of creating stacked column charts. I have been using Fusioncharts for awhile to do this (see attachment). I've been playing around with FM11 demo, but I don't see a way to do this.

I'm sure the fancier charts will show up in future versions (eg my stacked charts, gantt charts as someone mentioned in a previous post etc)

chart.png

Hi Ismall,

To get stacked bar charts you literally stack them! As in overlay one chart object with another. Just remember to turn on transparency for the top one(s).

Here's a demo file that illustrates something similar -- the bullet graph a.k.a. Bar Chart on Steroids.

http://savvydata.com/resources/SavvyData_ChartFun.fp7.zip

Enjoy!

-Lee

Thanks for the tip. It worked well and was pretty easy to do.

I have one minor issue. Do you have any suggestions?

I would need all the bars in each stack level to be one color. As is, FM11 uses color palettes, which I don't want. Other than creating a separate chart for each bar, is there a way to limit each chart to one color for all bars like my fusionchart example in my original post?

As you can see in this attachment, it looks pretty stupid with the palette colors.

Thanks again

FM11Chart.png

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.